Prayer beads, also known as worry beads are used by various cultures in Asian, African, Middle East, Anatolian, Ottoman, Turkish, Greek and Indian for meditation purposes as well as for protection from negative energies and to relieve stress.
In Islam, prayer beads are referred to as Misbaha or Tasbih or Sibha, and are usually made of 99 beads, representing the 99 Names of Allah. You can also find beads which contain only 33 beads. In this case, one would cycle through three times to total 99. Traditionally, the beads are used while praying to Tasbih of Fatima. This is a form of prayer which is offered as a gift by the Prophet Muhammad to his daughter Fatima recited 33 times Subhan Allah (Glory be to God), 33 times Al-hamdu lilah (Praise be to God), and 34 times Allah Akbar (God is the Greatest).
- 33 olive shaped genuine German amber worry beads.
- Prized by collectors for its unusual milky colour.
- First grade Baltic Amber-Each bead is made of one piece of amber.
- White tassel.
- Weight- 96.4 grams.
- Length of each bead- 19mm.
- Diameter- 13 mm.
- Length of worry beads- 47 cm.